The problem is that most businesses sign up for email with their web host or their domain company. This email is usually poorly supported, unreliable and can be very difficult to move away from if you are not happy with the service.
That's why we use and recommend Google Apps.
Google Apps is reliable (you've heard of Google, right?), they have phone support and it includes other applications that are great for business productivity.
All for just $5/month per user.
If you're ready to sign up you can start a free trial for Google Apps here >>
Otherwise, read on for some more info about what Google Apps is and how to set it up:
What is Google Apps?Google Apps is a group of tools created by Google to help business be more productive online.
The apps include:
- Email for communication
- Google Calendar for events and scheduling
- Google Drive for storing files
- Google Docs for creating document
- Google Sheets for spreadsheets
- Google Forms for surveys and questionnaires
- Google sites for small sites and intranets
How do I sign up for Google Apps?
1. Sign Up For A Free TrialGoogle offers a 30 day free trial so you can get to know how it works and see if it's a good fit for you and your business.
Sign up for a Google Apps Free Trial here >>
The sign up process is simple:
- Add your business details
- Select if you would like to register a new domain name or if you already have a domain name
- Create your Google Apps login
Once you have done that, the next step is to set everything up for your domain name
2. Sign In To Your Admin ConsoleAfter you sign up for a trial of Google Apps, you'll be guided to verify your domain and set up Gmail. You can then start sending email, setting calendar appointments, and using video-conferencing with Hangouts.
To continue with this process, visit the Google Apps admin console and login with the details you created in step 1.
3. Create Users and email addressesIn the Admin console, click Start Setup to launch the Setup Wizard. You’ll give each team member an email address at your domain (like [email protected]), so they can start using Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, and all the other Google Apps services.
During your trial period, you can add up to 10 users for free. If you don’t have any users other than yourself, you can skip this step.
4. Verify You Own Your DomainIn your Admin console, you'll follow steps to verify that your own your domain. You'll get a verification code to add to your website or your domain settings.
We help you identify your domain host and give you step-by-step instructions if you’ve forgotten who it is, or if you’re not sure how to proceed. Find out more about verifying your domain.
Fast, personal setup assistance: After you’ve signed up for a Google Apps trial, the Google Setup Advisors help you quickly activate your account, including setting up your business Gmail and verifying your domain.
You can get in touch with an advisor via the phone to help walk you through the process.
Australia: 1800-119-482, PIN: 2803
United States and Canada: Watch this short video to contact the Assist team
United Kingdom: 0800-026-0783, PIN: 8502
5. Set Up GmailTo use your email, you'll use Gmail. It's fantastic and stays in sync across all your devices.
To start using Gmail, you’ll update your domain's settings to start using Gmail. Google provides tools to help migrate your old emails and contacts to your new Gmail inbox. If you'd like help, the Google Support team can assist you, 24/7. Find out more about setting up Gmail.
You're Ready To Use Google Apps!With the above steps complete, you're good to go with one of the most reliable and efficient productivity tools for businesses and with your professional email address.
Get started with Google Apps 30 Day Free Trial here >>